Online Appliance Parts strongly recommend using only Genuine appliance parts, especially where it comes to electrical components such as Stove Elements, and Switches.
It's very easy to take a product to China, and have it copied. Some Chinese factories will will even copy the product complete with the Australian Approval numbers. This is illegal of course, but we've seen it happen before. We've even seen companies send an old part to China to be copied only to find out they copied the product compete with the fault.
Some of the problems that we've seen with Chinese copy Stove elements include:
- Incorrect current ratings.
- Fraudulent copying of other companies' brand names
- Terminals not properly connected, which once heated up come away from the element and leave live wires dangling inside the oven
- Terminals that melt when current flows through them
- hot spots that can cause short circuits and fires
- Connection terminals that are slightly too long, which leaves the wires jammed against the body of the stove.
- Earth terminals missing
- re-bagging to make cheap copies appear genuine.
Anyone can import these products and some of these poor quality elements are landing for less than $5 each. Please be very wary of anyone advertising discounted appliance parts and cheap stove elements.
We stock a complete range of Elements for Stoves, which have been sourced in Australia, in most cases from the same company that sold the stove. Our elements are supplied by reputable companies such as Electrolux, (Chef, Simpson, Westinghouse and AEG brands) Blanco, IAG, Omega, Smeg, etc. Every element we sell is covered by a manufacturers' 12 month warranty as a minimum.
Remember - "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the cheap price has worn off. "
Thanks for taking the time to read our post, and make a more informed choice of replacement part. Click here to see our range of Genuine Stove elements.