Why do fridges have water filters, and why do fridge water filters need changing all the time?
All fridge manufacturers use filters in the water supplies for refrigerators. Depending on the type, your Refrigerator water filter is designed to perform a few key functions within the fridge:
1. Sediment Reduction - eg Dirt, sand & rust - the cleaner the water, the longer your ice maker will last.
2. Chemical Reduction - eg Chlorine, Cryptosporidium, Giardhia, and other organic compounds - improved taste, and reduced health risks.
3. Cyst reduction - some fridge filters are rated below 1 micron (not all)
4. Scale inhibition - most ice makers have a defrost element that runs during a defrost cycle, if this gets scaled up it may fail and can end ion very costly repair bills.
Refrigerator manufacturers recommend that fridge filters be replaced every 6 months or when the "change filter" light comes on. quite simply, this is because ice maker filters become clogged over time. If they are not changed, the flow rate of the water through the fridge filter will be reduced, and impurities will force their way through the watter filter's membranes.
- Our refrigerator water filter range includes Genuine Samsung fridge filters, Genuine LG fridge filters, Genuine Westinghouse fridge filters, Genuine Whirlpool fridge filters, genuine Maytag fridge filters, Genuine Amana fridge filters, and Genuine Fisher and Paykel fridge filters.
Click here to see our Fridge water filter range.
Delivery Area includes:
- NSW including Sydney, blue mountains, Wollongong, Gosford, central coast, Newcastle, coffs Harbour, wagga wagga
- Victoria including Melbourne, Frankstone, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo
- Queensland including Brisbane, Gold Coast, Towoomba, Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
- South Australia including Adelaide
- Western Australia including Perth and Albany
- Tasmania including Hobart and Launceston
- Northern Territory including Alice springs and Darwin
Other useful articles:
- Westinghouse spare parts
- Fisher and Paykel Spare parts
- LG spare parts
- Chef spare parts
- Simpson Spare parts
- Whirlpool spare parts
- Maytag spare parts